Our firm has a team of lawyers that are experts in providing legal advice to the sports sector as a whole: clubs, sports federations, leagues and elite professional athletes.
BDO Abogados offers legal services on subjects such as: acquisitions of sports organisations; implementation of compliance systems; preparation of legal documents such as contracts of employment, sponsorship agreements, agency agreements; drawing up all kinds of corporate documents for the management of sports organisations; exploitation of image rights; intellectual property; legal advice on the introduction of new technologies; etc.
Our services cover the following activities:
- Advice on compliance:
- Advice and design of criminal compliance systems for each sports organisation.
- Specifications, requirements and rules for national and international federations and professional leagues.
- Contracts: exploitation of image rights; sponsorship agreements, trademark licensing agreements; advertising agreements; merchandising agreements; agency agreements.
- Intellectual Property: registration of trademarks, data protection, etc.
- Employment Law in the sports sector: contracts for athletes; preparing manuals and/or codes of ethics; disciplinary procedures; termination of contracts; jurisdictional proceedings before the competent national and international courts.
- eSports: consolidated experience in the sector in relation to legal, tax, employment, contractual and commercial aspects.